Tuesday, January 07, 2003
From Caritas Unitas et Veritas:
posted by Kensy |
Q3. Do traditionalists have to believe in a literal six-day creation and a young earth?
A. No, but all Catholics must believe the following:
1) Adam and Eve were real historical people;
2) Adam and Eve were the first created man and woman;
3) Adam and Eve are the progenitors of the entire human race;
4) Eve was created from the physical side of Adam;
5) the canonical Scriptures are inerrant in all their parts, including history;
6) the creation accounts of Genesis 1 and 2 are historical and factual, not merely mythological.
Anyone who wants to reconcile these points with theistic evolution and an old earth has my sympathies.